Friday, August 26, 2016

Melody of Retrospection!

        Looking back to my childhood, I would always listen to the song entitled  "Tomorrow" . As a child, everyday is exciting and it seems that you can;t wait for tomorrow to come. This was the song that shaped my childhood and a song that was already engrave in my heart, a song that reminded me that I was once a child and had memories to be cherished. Tomorrow is a song from the musical Annie, with music by Charles Strouse and lyrics by Martin Charnin. The song apparently pronounces an optimistic view of life through its main themes, 'hang on until tomorrow' and 'when I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin'.The song was also sang by Lea Salonga, one of the greatest singer in the Philippines.

    The possible anthem of my life would be "I believe I can fly". In my life, there are doubts and mistakes that are unchangeable. All I need to do is believe that i can do things better and not to repeat the same mistake again. I just need to believe in myself that I can achieve my goals and dream in life amidst all the struggles. I will spread my wings for me to able to touch the sky which is my dreams. This song was written and sung by R. Kelly. He originally wrote it for Space Jam, a kid's movie. The song flourished than the movie itself and won the 1997 Grammy Award for Best R & B Song.

No comments:

Post a Comment